HOST A PACKING PARTY
Did you know that you can come to the Packages From Home Packing Center and
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.
PACKING PARTY SCHEDULING
Scheduling a Packing Party is a great way for corporate groups, community groups, churches, and others, ages 12+, to come together to benefit our troops in need. Packing Parties take place at the Packages From Home Packing Center in Downtown Glendale, Arizona and are scheduled in two-hour blocks during our regular office hours: Monday – Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m and Saturdays by appointment, on a first come, first served basis. We are happy to accommodate confirmed groups of 8-20 people at a time. If your group is larger than this, please let us know and we will do our absolute best to accommodate everyone.
During your Packing Party, your group may be asked to help with a variety of important tasks including:
- Assembling care packages for our troops (according to our high standard of "we don't ship air")
- Sorting donations
- Restocking shelves
- Assembling boxes
- Assembling condiment packs
- Proofreading letters
- Breaking down product boxes
- General cleanup/maintenance
- Writing letters (optional)
- Decorating packages (optional)
We encourage volunteers to wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as they will be working in a warehouse with concrete floors. If your group contains volunteers with disabilities or special needs, please let us know so we can arrange for them to work on light-duty tasks, such as proofreading letters, assembling condiment packs, etc.
PACKING PARTY SPONSORSHIP
If you belong to a for-profit business, we ask that you please sponsor your Packing Party to assist with postage funds and/or needed items for the care packages your group will be assembling. We also ask volunteer groups from churches, non-profit organizations, etc. to participate in Packing Party sponsorship whenever possible to ensure there will be enough funding to fill and ship the packages you assemble. Your 100% tax-deductible sponsorship may be fulfilled by contributing postage funds and or/hosting a donation drive prior to your Packing Party to collect needed care package items.
Postage is our largest expense at $16.75 per package (USPS APO/FPO flat rate boxes), so we ask that you please donate postage funds for the packages you would like to assemble. For example, if you hope to pack 20 care packages, the suggested minimum donation for your Packing Party would be $335 (or an in-kind donation of equal value). If you would like, we are happy to help you set a goal for your group based on the number of people who will attend.
There many fun, easy, and affordable ways to sponsor care packages for our troops, and many participants have told us that donation drives are a great way to help build team spirit and a sense of unity for a common cause. Ideas such as spare change collection jars, inter-office competitions, dress-down/jeans days, and even car washes have been hugely successful. The possibilities are endless!
Additionally, we are happy to create a special page for your company on our website where employees can directly sponsor care package items instead of buying them at the store and bringing them in. We are glad to discuss these and other ideas with you at your convenience.
As our way to say thank you for your generous sponsorship, Packages From Home will:
- Write a blog post about your group's contribution in support of our troops, including a brief company profile so our supporters can learn more about you. Or if you would prefer to have someone from your company write your blog post, please let us know and we will send you a short list of requirements.
- Share a photo of your group with the packages you've assembled on our social media outlets: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Include your company logo and a direct link to your website on our Partners & Sponsors page on packagesfromhome.org.
- (Optional) Include a company-branded note/flyer, provided by you, in each of the packages your group assembles. This is a great way to express your gratitude to the troops, tell them a little bit about your company, and explain why you chose to support them. For an added bonus, we find that groups who include a company email address often receive thank you letters back from the troops who receive the care packages they've assembled.